This article is for MCFP users wishing to upgrade to FarmBooks 4.06.
Step I: Backup your MCFP database
1. Click on File: Backup.
2. Select your Farm Database and click Next.
3. Confirm your backup and then click Finish.
4. After your backup has completed, click OK and then close
out of MCFP.
Step II: Upgrade to FarmBooks v4
1. Insert the FarmBooks installation CD into your computer’s CD or DVD
2. The FarmBooks install screen will load.
If the installation screen does not load
- Double-click My Computer on your Desktop.
- Browse to your CD or DVD drive in the left pane of the window (it should now
be named FARMBOOKSACCOUNTINGSOFTWARE) and double-click it.
- It the launch screen does not load, double-click the file named
AUTORUN.exe to begin the installation.
3. Click on the Install/Upgrade to FarmBooks 4.06 button.
4. Click on the Next button to begin the upgrade.
4a. Windows 7 users may see the screen below. If you do, click the Yes button to continue.
5. Click on the Next button to continue.
6. Read the terms of the Software License Agreement. If you agree, select
I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button and click
7. Enter Your Name and Company/Farm Name and then click Next.
8. Confirm the installation location and click Next.
9. Click Install to complete the upgrade.
Step 9a: Windows 7 users may see the screen below. If you do, click either Anyone who uses this computer (all users) or Only for me to continue.
10. Once the upgrade is completed, click on the Finish
11. Go to your Desktop and double-click the FarmBooks icon to open the
12. Once FarmBooks is open, click File: Restore.
13. The Restore from Backup Set screen will load.
14. Click the checkbox for "Restore Control Folder" and then click the Browse button.
15. Locate your backup file click Restore and then
16. Click Yes on the Warning screen.
17. Select your farm and click Finish.
18. Click OK after the restore is completed.
19. Open your farm by clicking File: Open Farm.
20. The Database Conversion window will appear. Click on the Finish
button to convert.
21. Click OK when completed.
22. Click Utilities: Maintain Farm Registrations.
23. Highlight your farm name and then click Edit.
24. The Change Registration Number window will open.
25. Enter your new registration number and click Finish.
26. You are now ready to begin using FarmBooks 4.06