The instructions below will guide you through the installation of FarmBooks
This process will overwrite your existing tax table. The tax table will be
copied from the "default" folder for the application. The values you defined for
farm automobile, farm utility, and unemployment taxes will be saved and
We are pleased to release the 2016 Tax Table update for Farmbooks. This update is based off the tables published by the IRS. Please take time and review your payroll checks and calculations to confirm that all calculations are correct.
You will need to check back for updates and we will be sending notifications for any changes.
Explanation of 2016 changes
Please see the screen shot below for an explanation of the 2016 rate changes.
Click to enlarge
Are you running FarmBooks outside of Kansas?
We have included the tax table information for Kansas. If you are running payroll in another state please contact us for assistance so that we can carry over your state income tax rates.
to download the update to take with you?
Step 1: Backup FarmBooks
1. Open FarmBooks
2. Close your farm if open by clicking File: Close Farm
3. Backup your database by clicking File: Backup
4.Select your farm database(s) to backup and click Next.
5. Verify your backup folder and click Finish.
6. After the backup is completed, click OK and then close
out of the backup screen.
Step 2: Run "Update Tax Table" from within FarmBooks
For Version 4.0.x.x or earlier use below:
1.Click Utilities: Update Tax Table
For Version 220.127.116.11 or greater use below:
1.Click Year-End: Update Tax Table
2. The Update Tax Table Wizard will load. Select the "Download via Internet
Connection" radio buttion and then click Next.
3. Choose a farm you want to apply an update to or select all farms and click
4. Once completed, click OK and then Done
5. FarmBooks is now updated with the 2016 Tax Rates.