FarmBooks supports an unlimited number of bank account
codes. In prior versions, you were limited to nine bank codes in the range
0021 – 0029. The bank drop down list is still sorted by bank codes so you
may want to decide how you want to see your list sorted when creating your own
bank code. If you use only one checking account for your farming
operation, you can still separate farm and family living expenses by using the
appropriate ATIG codes.
1) Click menu Balances: Banks or menu Setup: Bank Accounts to open the Bank Accounts window.
2) Click Add to create a new bank
3) The Add Bank Code window will
4) Enter a Bank Code, add the Bank
Name and the Beginning Balance.
5) Select a Check Format to use when printing checks for this bank account.
6) Enter the Next Sequence Number for
deposits and checks so the program will automatically assign check and deposit
7) Click the Add button (or Alt-A) to
save the new bank code, otherwise click the Cancel (Alt-C) button
to discard the entry.
8) To edit a bank balance, click a bank balance
entry in the list to select it and then click the Edit button (or
Alt-E) or double click the entry in the grid.
9) All information about the bank account can be
edited except the bank code. Click the Update button (or
Alt-U) to save the changes or Cancel to discard the changes.