Each year the tax rates change based on federal and state
legislation and it is necessary to update the tax table in order to calculate
the correct payroll withholdings for the new calendar year. The tax
table update is a two step process. The new tax table must be obtained and
then applied to your farm database. The process will preserve any
percentages that you entered for farm utility or farm automobile
1) Backup your database by clicking File:
Backup and completing the steps of the backup.
2) Click Utilities: Update Tax Table.
3) The Update Tax Table Wizard will
open. Select Download via Internet Connection or Previous
Download (if obtained from www.farmbooksaccounting.com)
and click Next.
4) Select a farm by clicking the check box, and then
click Next to update the tax table.
5) Click OK to close the information box,
then click Done to complete the update.